How to Keep Your Heart Healthy
We all know heart health is important but do you know the best ways to keep your heart ticking? Here are a few suggestions to help you have a healthy heart in 2018!
• Eat Healthy Fats not Trans Fats
• Get Enough Sleep at least 8 hours a night
• Be Physically Active at least 30 minutes a day
• Achieve and Maintain a Healthy Weight
• Get Regular Checkup at your Doctor’s Regularly
Finding the right Home Care Company
Finding the right Home Care Company for a loved one can be very difficult. Here are a few tips that can help you confidently make the right choice.
First, assess the needs of your loved one. Make a list of their physical and emotional needs. For example, do they need help with personal care? Maintaining their home? Meal preparation? Rides to appointments? Also keep in mind their emotional needs. What kind of personality do they have? Do they like to carry on conversations or not? What interests them? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you know if the home care company you are looking at can provide the care needed for your loved one.
Next evaluate the expertise and credibility of the home care company you are looking to hire. Anyone coming into your loved one’s home needs to be qualified, experienced and reliable. And essentially a “substitute” you for when you cannot be there. Make sure they run in-depth background checks and other appropriate employment screenings. Find a company that has years of experience in the home care industry. Make sure they provide ongoing caregiver training to their employees.
Also insist on a company with excellent communication skills. Transparency is key when providing the best care for your loved one. Make sure the company is available 24/7 to care for your needs. Can you get ahold of someone day or night if you have an issue or need to make a schedule change at the last minute? The right home care company will also engage the family in the ongoing care plan of the individual.
Lastly, make sure follow up is important to the home care company. Make sure they follow up with you regularly to ensure your loved one is receiving the best quality of care. Resolving issues in a timely, thorough and caring manner is very important too.
Caring for People Services excels in all of these areas. We are a local company that has been around since 2005. We carefully screen and background check our caregivers and match your loved one with a skilled and compatible caregiver. We work with you to make sure your loved one is receiving the best care plan and care they deserve. We offer free in-home consultations to assess the needs of your loved one and create a care plan. Give us a call today to set up your consultation!
Services CFPS Provides
Have you found yourself wondering what Caring for People Services could do for your or your loved one? Here are just some of the services we can provide:
Personal Care – Bathing and personal hygiene
Companionship – Play games, read books, visits with Family
Light Housekeeping – Wash dishes, vacuum and dust
Meal Preparation – Plan and Prepare Meals and clean up
Medication Reminders – Make sure medicines are taken on time
Shopping & Errands – Grocery shopping and prescription pick up
Transportation – Doctor visits, religious services, and shopping
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care – Specially trained staff
Respite Care – Provide caregivers with a well deserved break
Ways to Sneak in Exercise During Winter
Ice Skating: 504 Calories/hour
Sledding: 468 Calories/hour
Snow Shoeing: 576 Calories/hour
Shoveling: 400 Calories/hour
Mall Walking: 250 Calories/hour
Raspberry Almond Kiss Cookies
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup white sugar
40 milk chocolate kisses
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon milk
4 teaspoons raspberry jam
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. In medium bowl, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup white sugar & brown sugar until smooth. Blend in the egg & 1 teaspoon almond extract. Combine the flour, baking soda & salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Cover dough & refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until easy to handle.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll the balls in the remaining white sugar & place them 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. While hot from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each one. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
4. In small bowl, mix together the confectioners’ sugar, milk, raspberry jam & 1/4 teaspoon almond extract until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.